The next WE event is the Scavenger Crawl, a 21+ Halloween themed bar-crawl meets scavenger hunt!
Scavenger Crawlers will spend the evening of Saturday, October 14, 2017 touring West End Lakewood bars and restaurants searching for secret objects and ‘trick-or-treating’ for tasty adult beverages. Prizes for Scavenger Crawl winners, best costumes, and best team themes!
The cost is a flat rate of $25 per team. Team Captains form a team of 2-6 friends, come up with a clever team name and costume theme, and get ready for a night of scavenging and fun!
Click here to REGISTER YOUR TEAM TODAY!
Click here to PAY YOUR REGISTRATION FEE.
Additional details are below.
Check in promptly at 6:30 pm. Location TBD. All team members must be present so we can check valid photo IDs.
The Scavenger Crawl starts promptly at 7:00 pm for all teams.
Teams will have 2.5 hours to visit all of the participating locations and find the hidden objects (the locations and objects are top-secret at this time!)
Teams will meet back at Around the Corner by no later than 9:30 pm to complete the challenge, attend the awards ceremony, and stick around for the Scavenger Crawl After Party!
Scavenger Crawlers will be eligible for special prizes, invited to the Scavenger Crawl After Party, and will be eligible for $2 domestic drink specials at participating locations.
Read on for rules and details:
1. Teams are to consist of 2-6 individuals. Participants must be 21 years of age or older to register. Groups larger than 6 are encouraged to form multiple teams. The cost of registration is $25/team.
2. Each team registers and pays online, listing anticipated number of team members and a team captain who will serve as the main point of contact.
3. Each team chooses a name, and a theme/costumes (e.g. a team who dresses up as superheroes; a team who dresses up as monsters). Team names and themes need not be determined at the time of online registration. This information can be provided during in-person registration on the day of the event.
4. Teams will check-in on the day of the event at one designated location (TBD); teams will be introduced so participants are familiar with their competitors. Teams will receive the Scavenger Crawl Passport, and other materials if necessary.
5. Following check-in and team introductions, all teams will begin at the same time, advancing to the location indicated on their Team’s Passport, and move throughout the participating locations at their own pace.
6. Each team proceeds to engage in Scavenger Crawl within the allotted amount of time of 2.5 hours.
7. Upon completion, all teams finish at Around the Corner before the time limit of 9:30 pm for award ceremony and after party.
Where’s Waldo? Mini-Challenge
A sub-game of the Scavenger Crawl is the Where’s Waldo? Mini-Challenge. “Waldos” will be walking throughout the designated area and participating locations; three will be official Waldos, and others will be decoy Waldos. The official Waldos will have a badge to denote they are the true Waldos. These official Waldos will have a limited number of gift cards or other prizes. If a team comes across an official Waldo, they get a gift card (while supplies last). Limit one prize per team per official Waldo.
Critical Concepts–Please Read
*The Scavenger Crawl is not a race. Teams are encouraged to patronize the participating locations at their leisure, while enjoying food and drink. Please drink responsibly and always make safety a priority. Use caution when crossing streets. Practice fair play.
*Teams are encouraged to come up with fun costumes and team names; the Scavenger Crawl can be considered a unique form of adult trick-or-treating. However, no real weapons of any kind will be permitted for costume uses, and you may be asked to remove masks if they appear to be threatening in any way. Business owners reserve the right to ensure their safety.
*Scavenger Crawlers who become rowdy, rude, or unreasonably intoxicated will be removed from the competition and asked to leave. Please be considerate and respectful toward other participants, other business patrons and personnel, WE volunteers, and any other fellow living creatures.
*Please have a designated driver or use taxi cab services; please be mindful of others and do not drink and drive.
*All teams who successfully complete the Scavenger Crawl within the allotted time will be entered into a lottery, and prizes will be raffled off in order per as many prizes as are available.
*Additional prizes awarded for “Best Costumes,” and/or “Best Team Theme.”
*Prizes may come in the form of gift baskets, gift cards, and/or products and services from West End businesses.
How the Scavenger Crawl Works:
*A photo of a unique object (a permanent fixture) will be taken inside each participating location in advance of the Scavenger Crawl.
*Each team will be given a Scavenger Crawl “Passport,” which will include the names of each participating location, and each of the photos in random order. Basic information/instructions will also be included as needed.
*Teams will visit each participating location to search for the hidden object shown in the photograph.
*Once the object is found, teams may photograph it on their phone and show it to the business’ representative, or accurately (and quietly!) describe the specific location where it was found.
*The business’ representative will stamp the photo on the Team’s Passport with a special stamp or marking to acknowledge the team successfully found the hidden object in their location.
*Repeat as needed until all hidden objects have been discovered, and be sure to make it back to Around the Corner by 9:30 pm in order to be eligible for the award ceremony.
Haven’t registered yet? Click here to REGISTER YOUR TEAM TODAY!
Haven’t paid your registration fee yet? Click here to PAY THE FEE.
Questions? Contact us.